Welcome to P5
Miss Gill/ Mrs Kernaghan
P5 are enjoying the new opportunities that this year school has brought. So far everyone has worked incredibly hard! I'm so proud of you all! Everyone is keeping very busy, we have many children taking part in after school activities, learning a musical instrument and representatives on the Eco-Committee, School Council and Library. P5 will be a fun, enjoyable year for everyone!
We are going to learn about ‘Ancient Egypt’ this term. The pupils will learn lots about what life was like in Egypt during the reign of the pharaohs.
We will discover:
- What the Ancient Egyptians ate and what clothes they wore.
- What their beliefs were and who they worshipped.
- What Ancient Egyptian homes were like, and what work people did.
- How the Ancient Egyptians wrote.
- What happened to their bodies after they died.
All children in the class will be encouraged to take charge of their learning at home with any topics they are interested in and read as wisely as possible. They will also be given the opportunity to use iPads to enhance many areas of the curriculum.
Look out for web links, pictures and work produced by our class as we make our way through P.5.